Thursday, February 3, 2011

Spring weather is upon us!

I don't know about ya'll but Virginia has been getting some great days in terms of weather! Yesterday was 67, thank you Mr. Groundhog. Anyways, my point being, Spring is not tooooo far away and here is a fun writing prompt to accompany Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs.


Let me preface.... I do not always come up with these ideas... I just like to make them cute or create a printable to go with them. Many of you may have had your class change out the word Meatball in the title for another food, well that's what this is for! I have my kids predict the food weather and write three foods in the blank. Then they can either draw the foods they want or cut pictures out of a magazine. If you are doing the magazine have them do the cutting first then the writing. Then we usually hole punch it, put it in a three prong folder, and slap a cute little cover on it... there simple classroom book that provides endless laughs and entertainment.


Cloudy with a chance of thai basal chicken, white rice, and champagne..... oh right when I model it with children I switch out that last one! What would you wish would fall from the sky????



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com