Friday, February 18, 2011

Where Do I Live?

Another fantastic request via proteacher... veer more for 2nd I would say.. but still adorable! This game has children figuring out which house a character is suppose to live in based on rounding. The explanation below is kind of muddled but I think ya'll will be able to figure out what I mean.


One Way to Use:
1) Page 1 - laminate it and adhere it to the front of a large ziplock as a reference for your kiddos to look at and use (after you teach them HOW to use it)

2) Pages 2 - 7 - feel free to print these pages smaller like 2 or 4 to a page (under your print settings), laminate them, and put them in the ziplock
         - for these pages children are to use a vis-a-vis or expo marker and circle which house the character lives in (which 10's they are closer to)

3) Page 8: either laminate or photocopy lots of these and put in the ziplock bag. This sheet has less visual help for the students to figure out which 10 the number is closer to. They circle the correct answer.


I hope this helps! Since I have never taught higher than K I was just taking a shot in the dark as to what these kiddos might need to practice!








1 comments:

Dana Baker said...

This activity looks great, but when I click "Download Where Do I Live?" the document opens but the Download button is grayed out. :)


Thank you for sharing your blog! I am awarding you the Stylish Blogger Award! http://love2learnandshare.blogspot.com/2011/02/stylish-blogger-award.html

Dana

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com