Saturday, February 12, 2011

There's a what in your pocket??

 This silly Dr. Seuss book rings very true for me on a weekly basis! Whenever it's time to do laundry I find random tidbits in my pocket from the classroom.... think pattern block piece, eraser, confiscated silly bandz, etc.

  Anyways this activity is a fun thing to do after reading There's A Wocket in my Pocket for Dr. Seuss' birthday!

One Way to Use:
-Cut the main work mat page and glue on the inside of a file folder
-Cut and laminate all the blue cards and put in ziplock bag
-Cut and laminate all the red cards and put in a different ziplock bag
-Children take turns trying to find two matching words (one red and one blue) and placing them on the word mat...
-Sometimes it turns out funnier if they accidently place them backwards... "there's a hair in my bear" or "there's a house in my mouse"


Download Wocket In My Pocket Rhymes

2 comments:

ABC Teach 2 Read said...

What a great game! Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to make this, and use it with my students.

Shannon said...

You're very welcome! I appreciate the kind words :) If you ever have a game that you want made... just ask! I love new ideas.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com